I am must tell you that the Lodge is forced to yet again change its plans. Instead of the traditional weekend event at Fall Ordeal, we must transition to a single day at camp. I will preface the rest of the changes by saying that all those who are seeking Ordeal or Brotherhood membership will have the opportunity to do so. We will still have service, lunch and dinner, chapel, and a social hour. Please read below for more info.
The schedule on Saturday:
- Check In – 9:00-10:00am in the Parking Lot of Camp
- Brotherhood Walk – 10:00am (Will Join Service after walk)
- Service – 10:00am-12:00pm (Meet in front of Dining Hall)
- Bagged Lunch (Provided by the Lodge)
- Service – 1:00-4:00pm
- Chapel – 4:15pm (Campfire Circle or Firelight)
- Dinner – 5:00pm (Firelight/Campfire Circle)
- Brotherhood – 6:00pm
- Ordeal – 6:30pm
- Open Lodge Meeting/Social no later than 9:00pm
- Event Conclusion – 9:00pm
You should arrive in work clothes (including work gloves) and a MASK. You should also bring Class-A attire for ceremonies, dinner and chapel. I suggest putting everything in a bag with the your name on it. Also you should bring work tools such as leaf rakes and weed eaters (please put your names on them). All shared tools will have to be sanitized between users.
Any Ordeal Candidates planning to take their Ordeal in the Fall have received a separate email with more detailed instructions. Brotherhood Candidates are to follow the schedule above. All Vigil activities except for the selection committee have been canceled. For general membership, the cost of the weekend has been reduced to $10. All Ordeal and Brotherhood Candidates have the same event fee as usual do to sashes and and other items you may receive.
To cover some odds and ends:
- Unless necessary, please only the Scout should come to the registration table and only the Scout should go back to their vehicle to go home
- Social distancing, masking, wiping down surfaces, and other precautions will be implemented for the entire day.
- Although we don’t discourage bringing you own water, the Dining Hall will not be available to fill them up. The Lodge will provided bottled water.
- It is optional to bring your own lawn chair
- Registration will remain opened until Wednesday at 6pm.
We know this isn’t the ideal weekend, but we hope that we can still do cheerful service while in the bonds of brotherhood. I will be glad to finally see everyone again.